My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shrimp!! It's What's for Supper.....

....for right now.   I have a feeling that the price of all seafood will sky rocket or even be non existent with the oil spill.   So many people's lives are going to be affected.  

But yesterday, I did find a great deal on shelled, deveined shrimp with tail on.   I always remove the tail since I don't like to deal with them in a cooked dish.   They have a perfect place for a boiled cold appetizer but when prepared in a stir fry or saute, I remove the tails.  
Tonight a spicy Shrimp Salad was on the menu.   I start dredging the shrimp in a mixture of a quarter cup flour, a teaspoon cayenne, and a tablespoon of my old favorite Old Bay Seasoning.     I use Old Bay for so many things including fried chicken and in a vinaigrette.  Great for a marinade too!   
I have dredged the shrimp and ready for a quick saute in a hot pan.   Included with the plate will be sauteed sweet potato slices.   I precook the slices in the microwave and then finish in a 425F oven for a few minutes to crisp.   I have found that roasting in the oven in the raw state doesn't produce the results I prefer so I always precook before the oven.   




The Spring Salad mix will include the warm shrimp, chopped onion, small diced green pepper, avocado slices and topped with a sharp cilantro lime dressing.  



For the dessert....the old stand by, Jell-O Pistachio Sugar Free Fat Free pudding! 
Bon Appetit!


1 comment:

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Mr. Bill, that meal looks wonderful. What time did you say dinner was?

I'm worried about the price of seafood too. I'll always think that pink Gulf shrimp are the best, but ssh, don't tell....I live in NC and theirs is pretty great too.

Have a wonderful Memorial day and save some of those shrimp for me.
Sam

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022