My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth! & Other Great Treats!


My favorite time of the year is when we get Paw Paw, MI blueberries!   The season is in full swing and LeDuc delivers some of the best.   We were able to pick up some locally and didn't have to travel 500 miles to pick them!    And we are seeing South Carolina peaches coming into our markets.  I love them both and made one of my old time favorite Peach Blueberry Tart.   So easy and great tasting. 



I peel and slice 2 cup peaches, wash 1 cup  berries and combine in a saucepan.   In a half cup of orange juice, I add a tablespoon of clear gel, or if you don't have that, cornstarch or arrowroot will do the same.   Mix well with 3 tablespoons of sugar or Splenda.  Add OJ mixture to the saucepan.  Bring to a boil and the mixture will thicken with a beautiful glaze on the fruit and berries.  

Along with this great dessert....beef enchiladas sounded good.    My  enchilada recipe is from The Tex-Mex website.   Great recipes that I use quite a bit.  Supper is ready for the table!

Beef Enchiladas with Black Bean Salad! 

Enjoy and Have a Happy and SAFE Fourth of July!!   



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022