My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Good Summer Salad

Chicken Tender Salad
These hot East Tennessee summer days are going to continue..I can just feel it!!   As my Grandma would say..."It's gonna be Ninety Two Damn Hot today".   

But having a good sale on tenders this week at $1.99 a pound, I just had to grab four packages at Food City.  They were running about one pound to a pound and a third....just right for two servings and a little left over.  

I began with dredging the tenders in flour, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and Smokey Paprika.   Used about a cup of flour and the rest you can add to your taste.  I do find myself going a little more heavy on the salt and Lawry's Seasoning Salt adds a great zing.  




 
My trusty Lodge 10"  cast iron skillet is the best for frying anything....   just remember to keep your thermometer handy and keep the oil temp at 365F.   Don't crowd the pan...it will make the temp drop and you will end up with soggy chicken.   This is how I make anything "fried".  
 
 
Purchased mixed greens at the grocery, since it is so hot, I can't keep a single "salad green" growing.   And there is such a great variety from mesculin to baby spinach available at a very modest cost.  Added red onion, chopped  egg and English Cucumbers...with a topping of my Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing.    
 
Dig in And Bon Appetit 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have done grilled chicken salads, but never chicken tender salad. I bet that is pretty good. Nothing tops a good steak salad though. http://www.capturinghappiness.com/the-perfect-summer-salad/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022