My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Croque Madame and Variations


This adaptation turned heads at the supper table.  The inspiration...a great big thank you to Fine Cooking!

I was not familiar with the Croque Madame.  After checking with various sources, including Wiki,  I found easiest English definition would be a grilled cheese sandwich.   This opened a door and the wheels began to turn.  

My taste buds were ready for a bacon cheeseburger and the inspiration began.  


The base of my creation was a toasted rye slice, 
topped with fresh mesculin and ranch dressing.  


I find the best method for bacon is using the oven 
on a rack at 375F for 12-15 minutes.   
No mess and perfectly flat bacon!  



I grilled a sirloin patty until medium well, topped with the fried egg with cheddar cheese under the egg.  Topped with fresh parsley to finish.  


What a great combination of flavors...and the bacon cheeseburger urge was satisfied!  Yum...and this will be a keeper.  


                      The soft cooked egg provides a wonderful "sauce" for the entree!  




4 comments:

Gary said...

Mr. Bill,
What a fantastic idea, and especially for those times when you want a delightful dinner without all the involvement of some meal preparations. Will be having this tonight. Thanks for the inspiration! - G

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I love a "runny" egg over many things...this looks wonderful!

Serene said...

I wouldn't call this a croque madame, but it does look delicious!

Mr. Bill said...

Serene...that WAS the variation part!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022