My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Braised Pork Loin

A few weeks ago pork loins were on sale.   I bought two whole loins and sliced into chops, roasts, etc.  They freeze so well and if I can get a good sale, it is just too hard to pass up.  

My version begins with my roasting pan "rack".   Ingredients include a whole onion, 1/2" slice, one garlic bulb, sliced in half and a stalk of rosemary from the herb garden.   We have had a hard winter, but the rosemary seems to last all winter and returns to its glory in the spring.  Glad to know that Spring will be here in a few more weeks!  I know it has been tough for all my family that still live in Holland, MI.  



After my pan is ready, I add a room temperature three pound loin roast. Add one tablespoon salt and one teaspoon ground pepper.    Room temperature is VITAL for a great roast.   Leave it out for an hour minimum and up to two hours from the refrigerator.  


Add one cup white wine of your choice.  I prefer Chenin Blanc.  Another great braising liquid would be apple juice or apple cider.  Cover and braise for three hours at 300F.  





What a perfect loin roast...after 4 hours.    Strained my stock...reduced and added a couple of tablespoons of heavy cream.   Beautiful food...to be savored.  



Pork Roast with a "good gravy" plated
with glazed carrots and cottage cheese salad.




2 comments:

Reeni said...

Your roast looks so incredibly delicious! This is a perfect Sunday family meal for me. Thanks for the tip about cooking it at room temperature!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really looks delicious. It is perfect for a Sunday supper. As a matter of fact it's perfect for supper any day of the week. I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022