My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Chicken BBQ Pizza!

The first time I went to California Pizza Kitchen, they featured a BBQ chicken pizza.  That grabbed my interest since I do love pizza and being an ole southern BBQ lover, it was meant for me.  Their pizza was so good and I had to be able to make my own at home.  

First, I roasted a chicken breast @ 350F. for 40 minutes.   Let cool, remove skin and bones.  

 
 Next...on to the dough and I use the recipe from Fine Cooking 
You can follow the highlighted link above. 




I don't have a "pizza peel" so I turn a large baking sheet over and place my rolled out dough on parchment and place on the bottom side of the sheet pan.  It will slide very easy on to my pizza stone.   My pizza stone is a discontinued 12 x 12"  ceramic tile I bought for about a buck at the flooring store.    Preheat your stone to 500F for at least 30 minutes.  Sounds like a long time...but the stone MUST be very hot for a quick rise on the dough.  

On goes the BBQ sauce....I love KC Masterpiece

Chicken and caramelized onions added....

And topped with Mozzerella & Swiss Cheese!

 Into the oven for 10 to 12 minutes and watch closely...you don't want to burn your masterpiece.  


Dig in and enjoy a wonderful flavor treat!




Bon Appétit and Enjoy 
YOUR Wonderful World!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022