My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Quiche Lorraine...My Way!

Whenever I get home and it becomes the "what's for supper", I know I can always depend on Quiche Lorraine.  I always have flour, milk and eggs in the house and gathering a few additional ingredients is always easy.   Of course, the traditional Quiche is Swiss and Bacon...but I find I can vary the cheeses from Sharp Cheddar to Mozzarella to Havarti.  Also, the "meat" of the Quiche can be bacon, ham, and even tuna.   I really like tuna and dill Havarti.  So here is my version and I hope you enjoy.  

My version pictured is ham, broccoli, Colby cheese and fresh parsley.  Also, Black Forest Ham with asparagus is a real hit.  

 




@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Quiche Lorraine

cheese, eggs

6  bacon slices, cooked
3  eggs
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/4 teaspoon sugar
  cayenne, to taste
1  9" pie shell
1 cup cream

Preheat oven to 425F.

Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in bottom of pie shell. Beat together eggs, cream and seasonings. Pour egg mixture into pie shell.

Bake for 15 minutes on bottom shelf. Reduce temperature to 325F and continue baking 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

Yield: 6 servings


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **








 




 Bacon, Broccoli and Swiss





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022