My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MY Just Desserts!

Let's be honest….dessert of any type, style or color is my favorite. A deep dish Dutch Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream would be my first choice. But….due to my mandatory weight loss requirements, I will have to bypass that and head in more sensible direction in my quest for good desserts.

One item I have been exploring is Jell-O Sugar Free, Fat Free Puddings. The Pistachio and Chocolate flavors are good. But my favorite now is their new Cheesecake flavor. A half cup serving prepared with fat free milk is 70 calories, carb count 6g. 

OK…I can live with that but still wanted to enhance the flavor. One of my favorite flavors is Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur. After placing the Cheesecake pudding mix in the blender, add a quarter cup of Frangelico and 1 3/4 cup of fat free or 2% milk. Of course, heavy cream can be added but the calorie count will sky rocket. A special event a couple of times a year won't be the deal breaker…just a couple of extra days on the stationary bike!!


After blending and chilling, I toast  coconut in a dry skillet until golden. A small dollop of Splenda sweetened sour cream and top with the coconut. It turns into a very nice dessert and relatively low in calories. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.



                                                Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022