My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blueberry Vanilla Slice

Blueberries are starting to come in fresh.   My personal favorites are from Southwest Michigan, but today I picked up a pint from South Carolina.  Nice... plump and juicy.  

Starting with my Sugar Busters crust, I crush up plain Triscuits to yield a half cup of crumbs.    This is exactly the same as using graham crackers but the Triscuits don't have any sugar.   To the crumbs, I add  one tablespoon Splenda, 1/3 cup melted butter and pulse until combined and the crumbs are well mixed.    Pat into an eight inch square pan and bake at 375F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.    Cool completely and scatter blueberries over the crust.       



For the vanilla pudding, I always just Jell-0 Sugar Free, Fat Free mix using 2% milk.  Of course, you can use whole milk or heavy cream if you like, but we are still trying to loose a few extra pounds!      The regular box will cover nicely.  


After chilling for a few hours, the "lighter dessert" is ready for serving....and topped with some fresh whipped heavy cream is great!


Ready to Enjoy!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022