My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Carolina Shrimp

Carolina Shrimp is still arriving here in East Tennessee.   But I am sure the demand is going to sky rocket and the availability will be few and far between.   With that in mind...I am buying as much as I can get my hands on and remember what shrimp tasted like!!   Oh..it might not be that bad but the shrimping industry is in perilous times.  

After peeling and deveining the shrimp, I tossed the shrimp in a quarter cup of cornstarch with two tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning.   



Salt and pepper to taste and saute until pink and opaque, about three minutes per side in a hot skillet or wok.  

After my saute, I immediately add this to my prepared salad.  Some of the precleaned, ready packaged mesculin mixes available today are invaluable when in a hurry.   Tomatoes are coming into season here and they are so good.  Also, I enjoy grated extra sharp cheddar on top of the hot shrimp.   It melts quickly and adds nice flavor.  For my salad dressing, a home crafted Remoulade Sauce adds the "zing" that this fried shrimp salad deserves.   But then again...salad dressings are a personal choice and you would use what you prefer from a simple vinaigrette or ranch dressing. 


 

Bon Appétit! and enjoy with a crisp Chenin Blanc or Sauvignon Blanc.    

Off to the veranda for a tasty supper treat!   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022