My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Roast Beef/Cheddar Pizza

Time for an easy supper and a quick look about the refrigerator and pantry has limited my choices.   I have deli Roast Beef....cheeses,  and a tomatoes from last summer in the freezer.  I am heading down the path of Beef and Cheddar Pizza.  

My stand by Pizza Dough is from Fine Cooking magazine.   This is the easiest and most reliable recipe I have ever encountered....works well every time and also makes a good focaccia bread dough for a spaghetti and meatball night. 

Here is the dough recipe....and enjoy!    And a heads up...this recipe makes enough for two sheet pans of dough.   I always make this....divide in half and freeze the other piece of dough for later use.   Just let it come back to thawed temperature in the refrigerator.   Otherwise, you results might not be satisfactory. 


@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Dough/Fine Cooking

breads, Italian, pasta

2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water; 110F
18 ounce bread flour
  plus more for dusting
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon olive oil

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and set aside.


Meanwhile, put the flour and salt in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process briefly to mix. With the machine running, add the water-yeast mixture in a steady stream. Turn the processor off and add the oil. Pulse a few times to mix in the oil.


Divide the dough. Scrape the soft doughty out of the processor and onto a lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands, quickly knead the doughty in a mass incorporating any bits of flour or doughty from the processor bowl that wasn't mixed in.


Cut dough into four equal pieces with a dough scrapper. Roll each piece into a tight smooth ball, kneading to push out all the air.


Proceed as usual.


Extra pieces of doughty will freeze very well. Cover with extra flour and seal and freeze in a quart zip lock bag for future use.




** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.86 **  

Your choice of sauce can range from home made to a bottled jar.   I can't tell the difference other than when I make my own sauce, I get to control the salt content and the seasonings.   There are many "jar" sauces on the market today that are very acceptable...I do use them.   My preference is to make my own from the garden tomatoes.  


Pizza extras include....sliced cheddar, fresh oregano, parsley and basil from the dwindling herb bed, chopped onion and green pepper.    Enjoy!!




 

Bon Appétit!! 

1 comment:

RamblingTart said...

How scrumptious!! I love using roast beef in savory tarts, so I know it would be fabulous on a pizza! Especially with cheddar. Yum! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022