My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cheeseburger Pie and Other Variations!

I stumbled upon Simply Suppers by  Jennifer Chandler while reading a few of my favorite blogs.  Then I discovered that I can acquire eCookbooks on Amazon and have them delivered to my PC rather than buying one of those Kindle devices.  Also, I am able to download to my laptop and leave that on the kitchen counter for my electronic cookbook!   Isn't life grande in this modern world?  She was the inspiration of my Mexican interpretation of a great tasting and quick supper!

Hot from the Oven!! 

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Cheeseburger Pie

Casserole

1 9 inch pie crust; unbaked
1 tb oil
1 lb ground beef
1/2 c onion; fine dice
2 tb flour
1 tb Worcestershire sauce
  salt and pepper; to taste
2 lg eggs
1 c cottage cheese
2 md tomatoes, thin slice
1 c cheddar cheese; shredded
  Tabasco sauce; to taste
  ground cumin; to taste

Preheat oven to 400F.

Place the pie crust in deep dish pan. Flute edges, if desired. Chill until ready for use.

In large skillet, add oil, brown beef and onion. Cook until browned, about five minutes. Drain excess fat and discard.

In bowl, combine meat/onion mixture with flour, Worcestershire Sauce.   Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie crust.

In small bowl, stir together the eggs and cottage cheese. Spoon over the beef mixture. Arrange tomato slices on top of the cottage cheese and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

Bake until set and cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.


My personal addition to this good dish. If fresh tomatoes are not available, I have taken a can of Rotel Mexican style tomatoes, thoroughly drained and used in place of the fresh tomatoes. Adds a nice Mexican kick also.

For more of a kick....a good splash of Tabasco on top of the cottage cheese mixture followed with a generous sprinkle of ground cumin.

Notes:  ©Simply Suppers/Jennifer Chandler

Yield: 4 servings


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.88 **



Prepared Beef in Crust

Topped with Rotel drained tomatoes

Topped with Cheddar Cheese and ready for the oven in 30 minutes!




Bon Appétit!!

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Bill, We waved today... Did you see us???? Gorgeous day at Biltmore...

Gee---I need to download that cookbook... When it says simple and tasty, that's my style...

The Cheeseburger Pie sounds wonderful. Thanks.
Betsy

RamblingTart said...

Ohhh, cheeseburger pie sounds absolutely heavenly right now. :-) The sun has disappeared, clouds filling the sky, and it would be a perfect cold night for comfort food like this. :-)

Anonymous said...

Heya this metter is very concerning. Keep it going fellow !

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022