My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Roast Chicken--Ultimate Comfort

Roast Chicken & Yukon Gold Potatoes


Summer Grilling Season is nice, but every now and then, I crave a little comfort food and the first one that comes to mind is Roast Chicken.  

Chicken Thighs have been on sale lately and every time I see them, I grab as many as I can since they freeze so easily.  Usually, they will be in in the "family pak", but I bring them home, open the package and wrap each thigh in plastic wrap and freeze individually on a sheet pan.  After they are frozen, I will put them in a zip lock freezer bag.   This helps getting two or three out of the freezer and they are not all frozen together.  

Today, we had a guest for supper and I took out six and placed in my usual brine to thaw.   After thawing, I will let them soak for a couple of hours.   Rinse well to remove all the excess salt brine and then directly into my Lodge enameled dutch oven to roast.  No salt is needed, but a healthy sprinkle of black pepper and garlic powder would be nice.   Sometimes, I will add tarragon or you can use any herbs from your garden or pantry.  Everything tastes so good with chicken.  


Roast uncovered at 350F for 40 minutes.  A beautiful golden skin will develop.   At this point, I will add halved small  Yukon Gold potatoes.  I had some roasted red peppers that I added.   Cover and continue roasting for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.  Top with a big hand of sliced green onions.  Ready to the table with a quick mesculin salad and a nice glass of  Moscato Wine.  


Bon Appétit
and 
Enjoy YOUR Wonderful World!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022