My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Whipped Cream Extraordinaire!

 I have been looking for a whipped cream I can pipe and it will hold its shape.   Whipping heavy cream will keep its shape for a while but slowly begins to droop.   

My good friend at Coleen's Recipes was gracious enough to share her secret for a stabilized whipped cream.   I tried it and it works so nice...loved the results.  She also shared her Pineapple Coconut Cream Pie that was luscious.  This piping in the picture is over 24 hours old.  Kept its shape and never became weepy. 


Perfect for piping and spreading   



@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Stabilized Whipped Cream

Frostings

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
4 teaspoons cold water

Put unflavored gelatin powder in a small dish and add 4 teaspoons of cold water and stir. Let this sit until it looks semi-solid, then put this in the microwave for just a couple seconds (my microwave takes about 3 or 4 seconds) and it will turn back to a liquid.  Let this liquid cool, but not so cool that it turns back into a solid.

Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla until it gets thick, but  not totally whipped.  While the beaters are still going on high, dribble in the cooled liquid gelatin. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.

Yield: 2 cups


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.88 **


Bon Appétit
and 
Enjoy YOUR Wonderful World!

3 comments:

Gary said...

Mr. Bill,
As much as I throw gelatin powder in various dishes you think I would have hit on this “YEARS” ago! Thanks to you and Coleen for the enlightenment. – gary

Pam said...

This is a wonderful thing and I will be trying it. Your piping looks great! I love coconut cream pie and will have to make it with pineapple now!

Rambling Tart said...

What a clever thing to do! So glad you shared your secret. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022