My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday Steak Night

During the summer, Saturday night always is Steak Night.   Rib eyes, Strip, or maybe just a nice Sirloin Steak.   I prefer Rib Eye Steaks, but my old standby meat case was featuring Strips on sale.  They looked very good, nice marbling.  Looks like that will be the feature this evening.  

After getting home and looking through the refrigerator, I found them!  That lost box of remaining mushrooms pushed way to the back of the produce drawer.  They really weren't white and pretty any longer but they certainly weren't compost material just yet! 

While cleaning salad greens, I also rinsed the darkened mushrooms off and sliced them.   Into a butter sizzling skillet with a chopped onion, salt, pepper and some oregano.   As they were cooking, I had to put a big splash of Cabernet Sauvignon and cooked the entire mixture until the wine had reduced to a thick sauce.   Tasted the pan and knew that they would be perfect on top of the Saturday Steak Night entreé.

Ready to enjoy atop a flavorful Sweet Potato Mash


Field Green Salad with home made French Dressing

And a Great Bordeaux....highly recommended for any Beef Feast



Bon Appétit and Enjoy 
YOUR Wonderful World!

1 comment:

Gary said...

Mr. Bill,
Ahh! Now that looks to be a Saturday night feast that I would drive across state lines for, lol. So I guess my menu for next Saturday has just been planned out for me ;) If I can wait till then, lol. Hoping you guys have had and are having a wonderful weekend. – gary

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022