My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Friday, March 24, 2023

The WHOLE Enchilada!!

Once you try this....


You will never buy that canned stuff again!!


I used to buy that canned rojo (aka red)  enchilada sauce all the time because I felt intimidated about making any at home.  My biggest concern was that I didn't have the necessary ingredients...but I was wrong.   This is the best and now I make a double batch and water bath can the extra for the pantry.  

 @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

New Enchilada Sauce


3 tb butter

3 tb flour

2 1/2 tb chili powder

1 tb paprika

3 c chicken stock

2 ts garlic powder

1 ts onion powder

1 ts cumin

2 ts tomato paste

1/2 ts chicken bouillon

1 ts oregano

1/2 ts sugar

1/2 ts pepper


Melt butter and add flour. Stir continuously, until golden brown. 

Add chili powder, a little at a time, stir continuously. Add paprika, stir. Add 1 cup chicken stock, slowly and stir. 

Add garlic powder. Add onion powder. Add cumin. Add tomato paste. Add chicken bouillon. Add oregano and on more cup chicken stock. 

Add sugar and pepper. Add last cup chicken stock. Stir and continue with corn tortilla/and meat recipe of your choice.

Yield: 2 pints


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v6.02 **




Ready for the Pantry
Hot Water Bath




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022