My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Heart Warming Beef Burgundy


Back from Florida...and it was very cold there...just in the 50's but I was expecting the 70's.   Stayed with some very dear friends in St. Pete/Gulfport at the Town Shores.  What a lovely time we had and cooked up some great meals in their kitchen.  Enjoyed it all!   

 









Our Guest Host and Hostess have a very  enjoyable kitchen on the penthouse of their building....a real dream to prepare a wonderful dinner..and we also did a few breakfasts too! 

But getting back to Tennessee, I arrived with at least six more weeks of cold weather.    While is Florida, I enjoyed my host's version of Beef Burgundy.   That inspired me to get my recipe out and have a redo for this evening.   I hope that you enjoy as much as we did!

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Beef Burgundy

beef, meats

3 pound stew beef; cubed
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 small white onions
12 ounce mushrooms
3/4 cup burgundy wine
3/4 cup beef broth
1  bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


In a sturdy plastic bag combine beef and flour. Shake to coat well.

In electric skillet with heat control set at 325 °F brown beef cubes, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms. Saute onions until brown and mushrooms are dark.

Add wine and broth. Bring to boil, stirring well. Add bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover. Turn heat control down until light goes out (simmer point).  Simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender and  sauce is thick.

Notes:  W. H. Stoneman

Yield: 6 servings


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **





Just a short note about the ingredients.....I buy the small pearl onions already prepared and in the freezer case.   They sure can be tedious getting them ready and I find the packaged ones just perfect and quite a bit of time saving!  


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022