My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Monday, March 8, 2010

My First Day of Spring!


Finally, we have a few sunny days and the temps are above 60F.   It is about time considering what a bitter winter we have had this year.   I haven't experiences a winter like this in Tennessee.   We had weeks at a time and temperature below 32F.  

So...today started MY First Day of Spring.   To begin the ritual, I start by getting out the lawn mower and start working on the three  terrace flower beds.  The day lilies are just beginning to come up so that is a great sign.  


My second thing to do is celebrate by making Blueberry Sorbet.  I did see some in the market from parts unknown...but the freezer section always has great fruits that are perfect for sorbet.   The blueberries looked wonderful.    By making my own...I can control the sugar content....or the lack of it by using Splenda



@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Blueberry Sorbet

sorbets

4 c blueberries; fresh or frozen
2/3 c Splenda
2/3 c water
2 tb lemon juice


Thaw frozen berries, if necessary and add to food processor. Add two tablespoons of lemon juice.

Dissolve Splenda in water. While processor is running, add the sweetened Splenda water. Process until very smooth and NO pieces of blueberry skin remain.

Freeze according to your ice cream maker instructions.

Notes:  WHStoneman


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.86 **

1 comment:

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I love blueberry sorbet. I know you'll be glad for spring to come. Way to harsh a winter this year.

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen. It's nice to meet you.
Sam

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022