My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not My Best Week

This was not my best week, weight wise. I didn't loose an ounce...but I guess I just maintained.   My usual loss has been about a pound and a half.  Quite a bit of travel and that means…eating out for lunch. So easy to go overboard while dining in a new restaurant that has choices that look so good…but are so bad. Oh well….back on the wagon this week and I need to satisfy my ever craving sweet tooth. My forever fall back item to have in the pantry is Sugar Free Jell-O in every flavor they make. Today…orange Jell-O with peaches. A real treat with a little whipped cream on top.

 
But thinking about supper….this week was two pounds of black beans with my usual seasonings…garlic, chopped celery, oregano, Sazón, (great seasoning pak from Goya), chopped cilantro and flat leaf parsley. Simmer for a couple of hours in six to eight cups of chicken stock. Great item to have on hand and so Sugar Busters friendly.

 
Friday night we had Mexican Carnitas. Today…leftover Carnitas mixed into the black bean soup topped with crisp fried tortilla strips and my spicy sour cream. I mix a half cup of sour cream with a ½ teaspoon Chipotle powder. Let sit for a half hour at room temperature for the flavors to mingle. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. A small salad with lime cilantro dressing and chopped avocado will round out the meal.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022