My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

This REALLY Works!

Over the years...I have always struggled with hamburgers and sausage patties shrinking during cooking.      Everyone I read said that I was buying cheap beef, i.e. 70/30.    I tried better when it was on sale and have started purchasing 80/20 ground round.    I have also tried the 93/7 beef but it just doesn't have the "flavor" that a higher fat beef has.   It really does add to the flavor.   

After a bit of reading, I came across the idea that will stop shrinkage on the grill.   A few suggested making the patty bigger so when it shrinks, it will be the right size.   Then I found a comment from a chef who said to make your patty the size you want it to be and then put a hole with your thumb right in the center.   Humm...I though...and I had to try it.   IT WORKS!!! My patties stayed the same size.  



This morning...I tried the same with the sausage patty.   I didn't put the hole all the way through the meat but made a very deep indentation.    And once again, the patty stayed the same size.   








Hope this little hint helps!












Bon Appétit
and 
Enjoy YOUR Wonderful World!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022