My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Roast Chicken MY Way!


With My Cranberry Cream Sauce

I read many recipes from different sources about how to roast chicken.  Use this spice...that herb...stuff the bird with sliced lemons, etc.   Frankly, I don't believe there is anything better than just rubbing the skin with olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.     And my preferred method is convection oven at 425F for 10 minutes and reducing the convection temperature to 350F for the balance of roasting time of 30 minutes.   The chicken always comes out moist inside the meat and a crispy skin.   

Last evening, I wanted something different than the usual chicken gravy made with the chicken drippings.   After removing the chicken to a covered platter to rest, I used two tablespoons of the drippings, two tablespoons of flour and cooked the roux for a few minutes.   I went to the refrigerator to get the skim milk but picked up Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice.  I though...why not...it might be good.  Added 1 cup of the cranberry juice to the roux and whisked until smooth and thick.  Then I added about a quarter cup of heavy cream and the Cranberry Cream Sauce was born.   So good on the roast chicken.   




To complete the meal....Sweet Potato Fries and a tossed salad with dried Crasins topped with a vinaigrette.   My little herb bed outside the kitchen door is coming to life and the lettuces this spring are wonderful.   






  Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022