My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Time for some Good Ole Fashioned Dessert??

Thought it was about TIME!   

Hot summer day and I was searching for something cool for a light dessert.  After looking at my pantry supplies I came across my Tapioca box that hadn't been used in some time.   OK....why not?  





  Quick and easy...


@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Kraft Minute Tapioca Pudding



1 lg egg
2 3/4 c milk
1/3 c sugar; or Splenda
3 tb minute tapioca
1 ts vanilla**

Whisk egg and milk in medium saucepan until well blended. Stir in sugar and tapioca. Let stand 5 minutes. 

Bring to full boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on medium heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. 

Cool 20 minutes; cool. Keep refrigerated until serving but can be served warm to room temperature. 

For creamier pudding, press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of putting until it cools. For best results, use whole milk or 2% milk. 

**I decided to drop the vanilla extract and 


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.97 **



Topped with whipped topping and sliced almonds





Mom always had this in her cupboard and made up pudding often.   I remember the texture of the tapioca pearls in my mouth and it brought back memories and flavors I had forgotten.


 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022