My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Caramelized Butternut Squash

I have always loved butternut squash...even as a kid!  I know most kids probably don't because they have never been introduced to the FLAVOR AND TEXTURE of a new mystery vegetable.   Being raised on a farm in Central Michigan, we were introduced to many different fruits, vegetables and food we grew on the farm.   I soon learned to enjoy just about everything including the favorite spring vegetable, asparagus.   I still love it and buy it whenever it is available.  Has to be my favorite with a rib eye steak.  



 Here are the prepared cubes ready for the oven.  I roast many vegetables at 400F. in my convection oven.   I like the way the convection oven roasts/bakes more evenly.   I use Splenda Brown sugar...which helps make it a little more Sugar Busters!


 



@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Caramelized Butternut Squash


1 lg butternut squash, halved lengthwise; peeled, seeded
6 tb butter; melted
6 tb Splenda brown sugar
1 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper; fresh ground

Preheat oven to 400F.


Peel butternut squash, split and remove seeds. Discard seeds and peel. Cut squash into 1" cubes and place in large workbowl.

Add melted butter, Splenda, salt and pepper. Mix well coating all cubes.

Place on a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until edges start to turn slightly darkened.

Serve immediately. If you have any leftovers, these cubes are ready for the food processor to make a butternut squash cream soup.

Yield: 4 servings


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **




Crispy Goodness from the Oven  


And the finished Plate ready for the table....Sauerkraut, Keilbasa, Roasted Butternut Squash and Mesclun Salad with a Light Creamy Dressing. 






Bon Appétit



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022