My Wonderful World

Welcome and Enjoy!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Carla’s Macaroni Salad

My dear sister, Carla, who lives in Raleigh, NC, gave me this recipe years ago. At first, it just didn't sound like it was right…so with caution, I made it. What a wonderful surprise it turned into. Now it is our favorite for every family gathering. But...the family gatherings have become further and further apart…so, I enjoy when we have BBQ by the pool. I don't have a pool…but I will readily take this to anyone's house. Secret is…I don't tell them what is in the recipe.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format


Carla's Macaroni Salad


16 ounce macaroni cooked
1 pint mayonnaise
1 can eagle condensed milk
1 cup vinegar
4 carrots, grated
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper, chopped


Mix all ingredients and chill overnight.


Yield: 6 servings


** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **


I posted this recipe years and years ago on the old BBS systems. Most of you don't even remember a BBS…but it was the precursor to the blog and you had a 1200 baud modem. Those days were even before Prodigy! What memories. 


Now, when I do a search on this recipe…it is everywhere!! Hard to believe the power of the interweb….seems to be everywhere today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Life and Times

My photo
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal intervention will be necessary -- © WHStoneman 2022